In the next part, you have to follow the below steps to access the admin panel:
- Open a browser on whichever device you are using. Ensure the device is connected to your Asus router.
- In the URL bar of your browser and enter https://router.asus.com or you can also use the default IP address of your Asus router to login. Usually 192.168.1.1 is the default Asus IP address used to login.
- Whenthe login prompt shows up on your screen, Enter “admin” as the default username and “admin” as the default password in relevant fields.
- Click‘login’ to continue.
- When you have successfully logged in, you will be able to access all admin settings from the admin dashboard.
- Follow the instructions given on screen to complete the setup.
- Makesure to change the Asus router Username and password before exiting setup page. Navigate to Administrative Settings and choose the ‘change password’ option from the menu.
HOW TO FIND THE DEFAULT LOGIN PASSWORD OF ASUS ROUTER?
If you forgot your Asus router login password to access https://router.asus.com then, you can easily recover the default login and password of Asus router through doing a Reset of your Router. The default Username and password usually come printed on your router’s label.
Here’s How to Reset your Asus Router
To reset the Asus router and bringing it back to its factory settings, follow this process:
- Your Asus router has a reset button in case you need to do a Hard reset.
- First you need to find the reset button. It may be under the router or on is back.
- Pressand hold the reset button on your Asus router for a few seconds and wait for it to reset.
- Thisprocess may take some time, so wait for the router to finish processing.
When the Hard reset is done, try to access the Asus router admin panel on https://router.asus.com with default username and password. If you don’t find the default login password and username printer on label, just use “admin” as the default username and “admin” as the default password to login.
Remember, when you reset your Asus Router, your router setting preferences will also change back to default settings. So, when you Login successfully, make sure to reconfigure your router settings.
STEPS TO CONFIGURE THE ASUS ROUTER SETTINGS
Follow these steps to change and configure the Asus router settings:
- Go in the ‘Administrative Settings’ of the Admin panel.
- You will see ‘Wireless’ settings option. Click on this option.
- You will see different type of Options related to Wireless settings.
- Select the SSID and wifi band of your router which you want to change the password for. If your Asus router does not have multiple bands and SSID then you can move on to the next step.
- Select WEP, WPA, or WPA2 from the password protection types.
- Now enter the new password in the password field. Make sure you choose a strong alphanumeric password for better wireless network security. Click ‘save’ to add the new password.
- Enter the new Username and Password and click save settings.
When you successfully update your router password your router is secured.
It is highly recommended that you should update your Asus router Password regularly. The reason is that if you don’t change your password then third party devices will be able to access your wireless network as well. To keep unauthorized devices at bay, you should not forget to update your router password often.
STEPS FOR ASUS ROUTER FIRMWARE UPDATE
Update router firmware
Your Asus router should always get regular firmware updates. These firmware updates will improve your device performance as they contain new features, bug fixes and enhanced security features.
To update your router firmware:
- Go to Administrative settings.
- Select Firmware Update or Router Update.
- Click ‘Check for updates’ and wait to see if any updates are available.
- If new Update is available, click ‘Install’
The process will take a few minutes to install the update. Your router will restart while installing the router updates so wait for the process to finish patiently.