Netgear Routers are one of the fastest routers in the world. They have one of the best ranges of high speed and steady wireless signal routers. There are variety of Netgear routers options for all your network requirements.
You can easily Setup your new Netgear router with these given steps.
HOW TO SETUP MY NETGEAR WIRELESS ROUTER
Here are the simple setup steps for your Netgear Router:
1. Plug in and power ‘on’ your Netgear router as well as the modem.
2. Plug one end of ethernet cable to the modem and connect the other end to your Netgear router. Make sure the two are properly connected via ethernet cable.
3. Now, use another ethernet cable to connect the router to the computer. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the computer and the to the router.
4. Now, open a web browser using your computer.
5. Write https://www.routerlogin.net or https://www.routerlogin.com in the web URL bar of the browser. Press the ‘enter’ button and continue to login. In case the web wizard does not work, use the default IP address 192.168.1.1. or 192.168.0.1. to login.
6. When you see the Login prompt on your screen, type your Username and Password and click Login.
7. After you successfully login, you can see the router’s setup page.
8. Click on Router setup and follow the instructions that appear on the computer screen to finish the setup process.
You can also use the Netgear Nighthawk app for Netgear Nighthawk router setup. If you get any issues during the setup process, you should get in touch with our technicians for troubleshooting.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU CAN’T ACCESS ROUTERLOGIN.NET
If you tried to access routerlogin.net and it didn’t work, try these solutions:
1. Restart your Netgear router and then try to access mywifiext.net again. Sometimes, this solves the issue immediately.
2. If restarting didn’t work, then go to web browser URL bar and type routerlogin.com instead of routerlogin.net
3. If it still didn’t work, make sure your router is connected properly via ethernet cable to your computer. Sometimes it may cause an error if the two are not properly connected.
4. There may be a problem with the browser so go to another browser in your computer and try accessing mywifiext.net from this browser.
5. If you still cannot access mywifiext.net, do a reset of your browser and try to access it again.
6. If this fails as well, then reset the router. Just press and hold the reset button on your browser and let it reset.
7. If it still does not work, access the router setup page by using default IP address instead.
HOW TO ACCESS MY NETGEAR ROUTER SETTINGS VIA 192.168.1.1.
If you are unable to access the Netgear router setup page via routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com, you can use the default IP address 192.168.1.1. to login.
Follow these steps to login via the default IP address 192.168.1.1. –
1. Open a web browser in your computer system.
2. Write the default IP address 192.168.1.1. in the URL bar of the browser.
3. Press the ‘enter’ button.
4. When you see the Login prompt on your screen, type the default Username and Password.
5. Click Login to continue.
6. After you successfully login, you can see the router’s setup page.
7. Click on wireless settings and configure the router as per your preferences.
8. Save settings when you are done with making changes.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU FORGET YOUR LOGIN PASSWORD
If you ever forget your Netgear router Login Password. Don’t worry, you can recover the default login credentials by a simple router Reset.
To Reset your Netgear router just follow these steps:
· Locate the Reset button on your router’s backside.
· Press and hold this reset button with a pin for a few seconds
· Wait for reset process to start.
· Reset process will take some time so wait patiently.
· When the router restarts after resetting, open a web browser on your connected device.
· Now open routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com
· When you see the Login prompt, fill the default Username ‘admin’ and default password ‘password’ to continue login to Netgear setup page
If you have any other Netgear router related issue, just get in touch with our technical team. Our technicians will be happy to guide you with your extender setup process.